This is a brief breakdown of the Best Smart Home Devices of 2020 (At least so far). I will rank and break these down as best as I can but if you want more information on these, keep this page bookmarked or shared so you can refer back!
2020 is going to be a big year for Smart Homes, 2019 ended a bit lacklustre but I’m very positive we can turn our ‘dumb’ homes into Smart Homes at very affordable rates!
Change your TV channel, turn up the thermostat, play music all at the comfort of your own chair!
Best Smart Home Devices in 2020
- Best smart doorbell: The Ring Doorbell (Battery Review)
- Best smart speaker: Amazon Echo Studio (It was Sonos)
- Best smart display: Echo Show 5
- Best smart lighting: Philips Hue & LIFX
- Best smart thermostat: Nest/Honeywell
- Best smart security camera: Blink XT2 Review
- Best smart plug: Echo Flex
- Best smart lock: August Smart Lock Pro
- Best smart switch: Philips Hue Smart Wireless Dimmer Switch
Take these with a pinch of salt, they are purely opinion based and I do have negatives and positives for all sections. So, don’t expect a selling pitch, more of an honest review of my findings!
What is the best smart home ecosystem?
If you haven’t already, I definitely suggest checking out my Top Tips for Smart Home Beginners, it covers almost everything! There’s a ton of options out there and contrary to belief, there is no best option.
The main candidates are Google Home/Google Assistant, Samsung Smart Things, Amazon Alexa, ZigBee, Z-Wave, Apple Homekit and it’s worth mentioning that there are custom Android platforms which work with IFTTT.
If you’re looking to cross platforms (Google with Amazon for example), have a read into Samsung SmartThings, they might have it exactly as you need. If you’re more into using your Amazon prime all the time, definitely go with the Amazon Echo line.
You may find the following blog posts useful:
- Ring Doorbell – Is the battery life good?
- How much does Smart Home Technology cost
- Do LED Lights Really Save Money?
- What the light colors on your Amazon Echo’s ring mean
- Can I use the Raspberry Pi with Alexa?
Have you tried or used all of your products you review?
For the most part, I normally purchase, review, if I like it, I keep it. If it’s terrible, I send it back. There is one exception to this, the Amazon Fire 7 HD tablet (It sucks) I gave to my girlfriend…
Can I get 1-1 help with Smart Home stuff?
Yes! I’m only a comment away! Simply drop it down below in the comments Grab a coffee or two and I’ll do my best to get in touch! 🙂